Landscape Architect Registration (Licensing) In Arizona

The Arizona State Board of Technical Registration is the body that licenses landscape architects. Their website is

The main way you qualify for a landscape architect exam in Arizona is through the LARE exam. This national registration and licensing exam is administered through the Council of Landscape Architectural Registration Boards (“CLARB”).

The process is to register with CLARB and take the test. CLARB will then send information to the Board in Arizona. But you will also fill out a license application form. You can find that here:

LARE and CLARB Registration

Note that there are some other requirements for registration in Arizona. The general rule is 8 years of combined education and experience. So it is best to have a landscape architecture degree, as that will fill up a lot of that time. However, only 5 of the 8 years can be in educational classes. So that means at least 3 years of training or experience in the field. The statute mentions an in-training exam. But I saw nothing specific from the Board apart from the LARE exam.

In most cases, your experience must be under the direct supervision of a licensed landscape architect, with up to one year under the supervision of a professional in a different field. The Board may make exceptions to the supervision requirement on a case-by-case basis.

For more info on license requirements in this state, see the following:

You may use the following to find accredited programs through the American Society of Landscape Architects:

How to Become a Licensed Architect In Arizona

The Arizona State Board of Technical Registration provides registration and licensing for architects. A national exam and a combination of education and training are the main requirements to get this type of license in Arizona.

1. Applicants must take the Architect Registration Examination, or ARE. You can get more on this national professional architecture exam here:

2. The Arizona State Board of Technical Registration also requires applicants to complete the Intern Development Program, or IDP. This is how the Board determines that you have some real-life training with a professional architect. This program is administered through the National Council of Architectural Registration Boards, which also handles the ARE exam. Find out more on the Intern Development Program here:

Architect candidates with a certain amount and kind of work experience outside the IDP program might possibly be accepted for a license. But the Board will make that decision.

3. The usual route here is to have an accredited college degree in architecture. That is not an absolute requirement. But if you don’t have a degree, you are going to have to show a large amount of training in the real world.

The National Architectural Accrediting Board is the U.S. organization that accredits architecture programs. The Canadian Architectural Certification Board accredits programs in Canada. You can find accredited architecture degree programs below. The NCARB and presumably the Arizona Board will accept a degree from an accredited Canadian program.

The basic fees to get an Arizona architect license are $100 for the application and $195 for the license. The $195 charge applies every 3 years, at which time you have to renew your license.

On the page below, select “Architect” in the drop-down menu to find the exam and license application forms:

CPA License Requirements In Arizona

Arizona’s Board of Accountancy runs the licensing process for certified public accountants. A CPA candidate must have education, pass an exam, and accumulate some experience.

The test that is required for CPA certification in Arizona is the AICPA Uniform CPA Examination.

The general rule on education in this state is that you need at least a bachelor’s degree. 150 hours is required, and 36 of it must be in accounting. Further, 30 of that must be in upper-level accounting or related classes.

You also need one year of accounting experience, and that must be while working as an employee, not in a self-employment situation.

If you want to move to Arizona and already have a CPA license in another state, you can generally get a license by reciprocity if you got that license by passing the CPA exam.

In addition to a $100 application fee, there is a license (certification) fee of $300. Then, you renew every 2 years.

In order to renew, you will need to have 80 hours of continuing education if you are working in a public accounting firm. It is 60 if you are working for a business, government entity, or nonprofit.

Board of Accountancy
100 North 15th Avenue
Suite 165
Phoenix, Arizona 85007

Use this page to find the Arizona CPA application forms and related documents: