Arkansas License for Agricultural Consultants

Arkansas has a licensing program for agricultural consultants, who mainly give advice related to pest and disease control and fertilization for agricultural crops. The Feed and Fertilizer Division of the Arkansas State Plant Board provides this license. A 2005 law made it mandatory to get a license for this job type, as it was optional before that.

Applicants can either have a bachelor’s degree plus two years of experience in crop management or 7 years of ongoing experience under the supervision of a licensed agricultural consultant. But before getting a license, you will also have to pass an agricultural consultant exam. Note that the 7-year rule has an effective date of August 12, 2005.

If you want to use your bachelor’s degree as part of your qualifications for a license, it must be in a crop-related major. The Board has the authority to decide whether your college degree and classes are sufficiently relevant enough to award a license as an Arkansas agricultural consultant.

The closest salary information that the Arkansas Department of Workforce Development had was for farm and home management advisors. Their 2013 report gave an average salary of $50,000.

The license fee is $100.


Board Document Showing License Requirements For Agricultural Consultants

Pre-Application Form (so you can test) And Application Form And Confidential Information Form Links

Arkansas License Requirements For EMT (Emergency Medical Technician), Advanced EMT, And Paramedic

Arkansas has a licensing system for emergency medical technicians, and there are 3 levels. You have the entry-level “EMT, an “advanced EMT,” Then, paramedics are above those two. The Arkansas Department of Health issues these licenses through Emergency Medical Services. According to the Arkansas Department of Workforce Services, there are about 300 advanced EMT’s, over 4000 EMT’s, and 1900 paramedics, as of 2012.

Each license type for these emergency medical services licenses follows a similar path in terms of requirements. Throughout Arkansas, there are a few dozen licensed EMT training sites. All of them teach the basic EMT course, and some of them teach the Advanced EMT and Paramedic courses. You can see a full list of these courses in the Sources section below.

Once you complete your training, you will have a national written exam and a state-based psychomotor (skills) exam. This is true for each level of license. The written exams are given through the National Registry.

Get license application forms from your EMT or paramedic school. Application fees are pretty cheap, and they run at about $20. But your exams could cost you about $100.

Note that you must be at least 18 to get licensed as an EMT or paramedic in Arkansas. You will also have to pass a background check.


Arkansas EMT, Advanced EMT, and Paramedic Courses

Home Page For Arkansas Emergency Medical Services

Requirements For An Arkansas License For Acupuncturists

The Arkansas State Board of Acupuncture and Related Techniques licenses acupuncturists in this state. The Arkansas Department of Workforce Services reports that there were only about 28 such licensees in 2013.

To get an acupuncture license in Arkansas, you will need a college degree or certificate. The program that is acceptable should be in acupuncture and Oriental medicine. And it should have at least 800 hours of clinical practice. Also, you need a total of at least 2 years in college and 1 year in science classes.

Arkansas requires a passing score on two different national certification exams – the acupuncture and herbal tests. These exams are administered by the National Certification Commission For Acupuncture And Oriental Medicine, or NCCAOM.

Outside of the clinical practice, there are no specific work-experience requirements to become a licensed acupuncturist in Arkansas. But 2 reputable acupuncturists must testify to your character.

At the time of this post, there was a $250 fee at the time of application. Check with NCCAOM for current exam fees, which could run into the hundreds of dollars. It is possible that the Board may require you to make a personal appearance. When you apply, all items must be in English. If there are foreign documents, they must be translated.


Arkansas Acupuncture License Application Form

Arkansas License Requirements For An Elevator Contractor

In Arkansas, an elevator contractor license is required for a company that hires and maintains a licensed elevator mechanic to work on projects. The Arkansas Department of Workforce Services said there were 43 elevator contractors in Arkansas when they counted. Those numbers are from 2008.

The contractor does not have separate education, training, or exam requirements. But the mechanic does have these requirements. At any rate, a contractor can simply verify that the hired mechanic is licensed by the Arkansas Department of Labor’s Elevator Safety Division.

An elevator contractor in Arkansas must have substantial liability insurance. The minimum is $500,000 for property damage and $1,000,00 for injury or death to a victim.

The Arkansas Elevator Safety Board has the elevator contractor license application form posted online.

When you fill out the application, you must use the licensed mechanic’s name and license number. So you will have to find this person to hire or work with before you apply. Of course, if you are a mechanic, you could decided to also get licensed as a contractor. But you have to acquire the insurance, which could be difficult for many people. There is also an annual license fee of about $250 per year.


Elevator Safety Board’s Main Page

Arkansas License Requirements For Elevator Inspectors And Mechanics

Elevator inspectors and mechanics are licensed in Arkansas by the Elevator Safety Division, which is part of the Department of Labor. It’s a little more difficult to become an inspector than a mechanic. According to the Department of Workforce Development, there were only 18 licensed elevator inspectors in Arkansas in 2008. But there were over 300 elevator mechanics.

Aspiring elevator inspector licensees need 4 years of experience. They must also pass a written exam. This test must be ASME approved. Inspectors also need certification as a Qualified Elevator Inspector. NAESA International provides this QEI certification.

Inspectors need an insurance policy with at least half a million dollars in coverage for property damage and one million dollars for injury or death of a person.

Elevator mechanics also need to pass an exam approved by the Division. But they have only 3 years of required experience instead of 4. And there are no national certification requirements.

Note on Application Forms:

When I checked, there was no application form online for inspectors. But there was a link to the elevator mechanic license application form. The home page address is listed below. To ask about getting an inspector application, you can call the Department of Labor at 501-682-4538.

Both inspectors and mechanics have 8 hours of continuing education requirements every 2 years.

License and renewal fees are $100 for elevator inspectors and $75 for mechanics.


Elevator Safety Division Home Page

Arkansas Accessibility Technician License (Restricted Elevator Mechanic’s License)

An accessibility technician in Arkansas has a license to perform certain aspects of an elevator mechanic’s job. This restricted license permits the person to work on vertical platform lifts, inclined stairway chairlifts, and wheelchair lifts.

This license is issued by the Elevator Safety Division of the Arkansas Department of Labor.

Applicants must have 3 years of supervised experience. They then need to pass a licensing exam that is administered by the Elevator Safety Division. There are no classroom educational requirements.

The fee for the exam is about $50, with a license fee of around $75. Since this is an annual license, you will need to pay the $75 every year.

To renew an Arkansas accessibility technician license, you need 8 hours of continuing education every 2 years.

In the sources below, there is a link to the Arkansas Department of Labor Elevator Safety Division’s web page. But I see no application form or exam information on that page. So I suggest calling them to get more information or request licensing forms.

Arkansas Elevator Safety Board
Arkansas Department of Labor
10421 West Markham
Little Rock, AR 72205
Phone: 501-682-4538

Sources: (Elevator Safety Division)

How to Get an Arkansas Abstracter License

Arkansas has a license requirement for real estate records abstracters. These specialists search for and compile records related to real estate title, or ownership. According to the Arkansas Department of Workforce Development, abstracters were making about $31,000, as of 2013.

The Arkansas Abstracters’ Board is the licensing agency for this occupation. They administer about 100 firm licenses and 300 individual licenses throughout the state.

This Board is small and does not even have its own website. They apparently have only one part-time employee, but 5 board members are involved in hearings and some other activities.

Applicants for an Arkansas abstracter license will need to take an exam. They also need one year of experience while supervised by a licensed abstracter. The test is given about 2 times a year, so you should check with the Board for the schedule and make sure you don’t miss any filing deadlines. Otherwise, you may have to wait another 6 months to take the licensing exam.

To get a license, you need to have some sort of association with an abstract company.

Since the Board does not have a site, you should call or email for an application form or to get other information.

Arkansas Abstracters’ Board
P. O. Box 802
Cabot, Arkansas 72023-0802
Phone Number: (501) 246-1622